View Single Post
Old September 12 2008, 08:22 PM   #105
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Fringe: "Pilot" 9/9 - Grading & Discussion (SPOILERS)

sidious618 wrote: View Post
I enjoyed the pilot to Heroes, as well. It's just that things went downhill shortly there after.
They did? I've seen every episode and even tho I admit, the first part of S2 was somewhat weak, it's been well worth watching and a hell of a lot of fun, but maybe that's because they got themselves a kick-ass recurring villain. According to the LA Times, that's one of five things Fringe needs to do in order to prosper.

I agree about the villain, even tho that's easier said than done. For every Sylar you'll get one (or more) Matt's-dad disappointments. Having a plan is a good idea, tho I have little faith in anyone's ability to come up with an Evil Corporate Global Takeover Bwahaha Plan that is anything other than a rehash of elements we've seen before. (Tho Abrams seems to have hit on a nice variation with Dharma - if that's his work and not Lindhof and Cuse.) Not having the leads slobber all over each other is an excellent idea; it would just remind us of Mulder and Scully and how inferior these imitations really are. I'm not sure the side characters have much potential, and the gross-out factor is a crutch.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote