View Single Post
Old September 10 2008, 07:40 PM   #534
Akiraprise

Re: Welcome new Voyager fans!

Johnhead99 wrote: View Post
Akiraprise wrote: View Post
Welcome to the board.
Star Trek and sports 'eh? Married too? That'll show those jerks who claim all nerds are single, hate sports, and live in their parent's basement.
Yah. I get that quite a bit now but it was different before. Where I grew up, we had a schedule to it all. Both my neighbors parents liked Star Trek as well as my Father. We also all belonged to the same church. So, every Wednesday night, we went to Church, and then rotated who's house hosted Voyager for the night. The neighbors had kids in my grade in school so it all worked out well.

In the end, all 3 of us were scholar athletes, went onto college, and 2 of the 3 of us are married. And yes, we all enjoy Star Trek and we still get together as much as we can to enjoy the 'good ol days'.
Sounds pretty cool.
Enjoy the board.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain. I mean to avenge myself upon you Admiral. I've deprived your ship of power and when I swing around I mean to deprive you of your life. But I wanted you to know first who it was who had beaten you." - The Khan formerly known as...Khan
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote