View Single Post
Old September 8 2008, 03:52 PM   #704
Jax
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

I think the future after 2010 is looking more brighter with some good talents coming out of the U21's. We don't need world class players to win just a team, which works well together and has good partnerships like the U21 team.

^ I dis-agree about J.Cole being played out of the postion on the left wing because he has played the majorty of his career on the left for West Ham, Chelsea & England despite being right footed. J.Cole biggest strength is his ability to come inside quickly and link up with the forwards, which works best when your coming from the opposite flank to your prefered foot.

Our keeper choices for now are limited but there is still hope...

Hart is wonderful for a 21 year old and Foster has shown good potential but if he does NOT start next season as UTD number 1 then he shoud leave. Chris Kirkland is our best keeper if were talking about technical ability but injuries have wrecked his chance of becoming one of the finest keepers for England. I think while Paul Robinson, Robert Green and Scott Carson can make it into future ENG squads, they will never hold down the number 1 spot for a lengthy period of time.

Watch out for Joe Lewis from U21 team to make an impact in next few years.

For me our defending has struggled from lack of good cover ever since Carragher decided to retire in the middle of Euro 2008 Q/F and King's injury problems. I will stay by my comments before that when fully fit and games under his belt, Ledley King is a better defender than John Terry but we can't expect him to ever fully get over his knee issues. David Wheater and Steven Taylor are a wonderful partnership but for me both need to leave there clubs in the next 2 years but especially David Wheater who can become ENGLAND's version of Vidic.

Micah Richards is crazy if he thinks that centre back is a better position for him than right back and Wayne Bridge needs to leave for games and not stay for money though Shorey & Baines can cover for Ashley Cole. Our biggest issue is cover for right back especially if Micah continues to play centre back for Man City.

I'll get round to rest later ...Good god I do ramble on when it comes to ENGLAND
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote