View Single Post
Old August 29 2008, 10:08 PM   #7
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

Re: Essential Batman

Reverend wrote: View Post
No, I really do mean the companion DVD to TDK. The old animated shows are on the second disc I believe.
Oh. I only rented it so I missed that.

Oh and at the risk of self promotion, I like to think we did some passable noir on the DKA fancomic. "Night of the Crow" especially.

P.S. Like your choice of avatar.
Fabulous! I'm looking for recommendations to add to the archive or links page. Could you let me know where to find that? If you know of any other material, good authors, stories, fan comics, whatever, please, please point me that way.

The Evil Dead said:
No Long Halloween would be crazy.
I have to agree with Spiff - while Sale's work is fantastic the story as I recall it, leaves a lot to be desired. It's confusing and unsatisfying and, as the linked page points out, it doesn't illuminate any of the characters even one tiny bit. It's all just little writer's pawns being moved around to work within the particular mystery gimmicks Loeb is using. But I'm going to give it another read. And it'll get a discussion on the page, if for nothing more than it was an influential piece for the Nolan movies and thus needs to be mentioned. I just don't know if I'll recommend it as a great read.