View Single Post
Old August 29 2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Rear Admiral
Re: What's up with the more recent Arnold movies?

Haggis and Tatties wrote: View Post
Well out of all the movies big Arny did there is only two i don't like, the horrible Kindergarten cop and the cringe worth up the wazooo junior
I thought Kindergarten Cop was entertaining but I didn't have the courage to watch Junior. I can't even begin to imagine how weird that movie has to be.

.......apart from that i have and do enjoy all the big mans movies right up until the quit the movie business.
Even Batman & Robin?

I am actually sad that the big man has turned his back on movies and moved to politics as i still miss my occasional mindless arny romp movie released every few years.
I'll echoe that sentiment. I miss new Schwarzenegger movies. Though I'll add that while I also miss the mindless Arnold films, I miss the ones with that bit more substance even more (for example Total Recall or The Terminators 1 and 2).

Nardpuncher wrote: View Post
True Lies seemed like his last great movie. I thought Eraser was OK, bu felt like a Chuck Norris movie that could've been made in 1986.
I'm not that big a fan of True Lies but I tend to agree with you. True Lies simply feels 'bigger' than any of the movies that followed (maybe with the exception of T3). In a way, a film such as The Sixth Day, for example, could almost be made for TV. It just doesn't have that larger-than-life feel that characterized Arnold's 80's and 90's movies, I think. I would say the same is true of Eraser or End of Days, for example.

Holdfast wrote: View Post
The later Arnie movies aren't as great as some of the 80s ones, but to me they're still pretty watchable. Having Arnie on the cast list usually meant I was going to enjoy the movie.
Don't get me wrong: I'll take a mediocre Arnie flick over many other movies. He's got great presence and is fun to watch. It can simply be a bit jarring if you've just watched a movie like T2 and then go to Collateral Damage, for example.

ManOnTheWave wrote: View Post
I believe Arnie left a number of projects "in development" too long, and they became diluted by second guessing and focus groups.
That's interesting. Which movies are thinking of in particular?
"For everyone lost in the endlessly multiplicating realities of the modern world, remember: Philip K. Dick got there first" - Terry Gilliam
MyCylon is offline   Reply With Quote