View Single Post
Old August 28 2008, 10:59 AM   #2
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: Is Joss Whedon's 'Ripper' still being made?

I am not Spock wrote: View Post
A few months ago, it was said on here that the BBC and Joss Whedon were in negotiations to produce a made-for-TV Rupert Giles movie (presumably after the success of the BBC's Dr Who and Torchwood which made sci fi 'cool' again)

Is this still happening? I haven't heard anything about it since. I know Whedon is working on Dollhouse at the moment, but hopefully it will be successful, and he can gain some clout to make other projects he wants to do (including Ripper).

It's been too long since we've had a Joss Whedon show on TV. I've missed him terribly.
"Ripper" has been in talks since Anthony Stewart Head left "Buffy" during it's sixth season. Everyone seems to want it, but it never moves forward. I consider it vaperware, and it'll never make it to television.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended. - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is online now   Reply With Quote