View Single Post
Old August 27 2008, 03:45 PM   #37
3D Master
Rear Admiral

Re: Sexy Vulcan Women of Star Trek - T'Pol and Saavik

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I thought Kirstie Alley looked great, especially during the turbolift scene when she was out of her duty uniform and her hair was down.

As for Jolene, that pic above is one of the best I've ever seen of her. She looks more natural and not plastic and emaciated which is what she looks like in most of her pics. And about the long hair on T'Pol, I speculated early on in the series that they'd let it get longer toward the end and that she'd have a more human disposition. Unfortunately the show got cancelled before that happened, but it was going in that direction wasn't it?
Longer hair is not a Vulcan disposition as you imply. We've seen Vulcan women with long hair in TOS Amok Time, and in some of the movies IIRC.

The only reason why T'Pol and every other Vulcan since TNG has Spock hair, is because the producers decided that every member of species that is not Human has to look, talk, and think EXACTLY the same, right down to the hair. And of course, of the same token, we can have no other species (even if they are the same species, aka Romulans) look like any other species.

And why? Well, audiences are stupid, you see, you couldn't possibly expect them to understand when a member of a species doesn't look exactly the same is still a member of that species, right? And one organization/culture being an offshot of another species? God forbid! They'll be completely confused if we don't make it clear!
3D Master is offline   Reply With Quote