View Single Post
Old August 27 2008, 07:39 AM   #203
ST-One
Vice Admiral

Re: Visual Proof a Resdesign is a good thing

Vektor wrote: View Post
I'm not at all convinced that the ship we saw in the teaser is the one we're going to see in the movie. There are a number of things in the teaser to suggest that the 3D model was built either somewhat hastily or without a fully refined blueprint. I also question whether or not the design for the ship had been locked down--or even seriously begun--that early in the production schedule. Perhaps it was, I really don't know, but the trailer was finished several months before they even began principle photography, let alone post production, and that leaves a lot of time and opportunity for further changes.
I agree that it is quite possible that the teaser ship will have gone through quite a few changes until it became the ship used in the film.
If it is not even the base-model for the new ship, then I at least hope that they stick to new design for the Bussard-collectors/nacelles.

Vektor wrote: View Post
J.J. Abrams is the type of person who likes to defy expectations and do things his own way regardless of conventional wisdom. Almost everyone out there is saying that he would NEVER use anything close to the original Enterprise design in the new movie, but I wouldn't put it past him to damn well do it anyway.
Count me in as someone who would love to see the original Enterprise (with upgrades like you proposed with your model) on the big screen.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote