View Single Post
Old August 26 2008, 10:49 PM   #15
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
Re: Captain America (SPOILERS through #41)

During the last election during his speeches, the audience and reporters all had to sign loyalty oaths to Bush and whoever was speaking otherwise they were turned away at the gate or not even allowed to purchase tickets or request free tickets.

I'm insanely younger than you then, but Oliver Stone does right by me.

Listening to Jessica Jones-Cage arguments about how she didn't want to be forced to wage war against all the little Muslim oil countries who argue with American foreign policy when she should be breast feeding was chilling. The 50 state initiative is about making an army who has no one to fight. When the House Committee of UnAmerican activities (Lead by you know who!) in the 50s told the Justice Society to unmask or Bugger off, well that seemed fine, it's not like everyone didn't accept that they were ignoring the laws against Vigilantism, it was a fair cop. Stark however is going to be bloodtesting and sifting through the entire population until it's effectively segregated to the point when there will be one law for the flatscans and another for the capes, no matter how inactive, docile and benign they are. Hell when Ben Grimm ditched America to live in France just days before the SRA became law, the petty US government froze and seized his bank accounts, which because of a plot twist from those times had billions and billions or dollars sitting in them.

I'm really sad that that hasn't been addressed.
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote