View Single Post
Old August 26 2008, 04:18 PM   #195
Cary L. Brown
Rear Admiral

Re: Visual Proof a Resdesign is a good thing

Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
Vektor wrote: View Post
Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
I like it a lot, but of course it's not what we're getting.
No, its not what were getting, but I hold out hope that what were getting may be a lot closer to the original than most people think.
That would be nice. I think the only way that it might be possible, though, is if there's more than one version of the ship in the film.
Well, we DO know that the film will, at the very least, be set in multiple timeframes. And if it really is about "altering the timeline" (blech, IMHO), well... we could have dramatically different versions of "the" Enterprise in the same movie.

It's not unreasonable to assume that the ship we saw in the trailer might be the ship as it's intended to be seen in the film... but it's also not unreasonable to assume that it might have been put together specifically for the trailer.

Do we know, for a fact, that the same people doing the FX for the movie did the trailer? Or could this trailer have been "subcontracted?" Happens all the time in other fields... and we see plenty of FX houses doing work even on a single film. So is it possible that what we saw there is "studio A's" take on a sequence which will never even appear on-film, while "studio B" is doing the stuff which we'll see on-screen?
Cary L. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote