View Single Post
Old August 25 2008, 11:06 PM   #22
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

Mistral wrote: View Post
AMperage is the big danger-voltage only kills if you ground yourself while its flowing through you. Nikolai Tesla used to run 10,000 volts through his body without incident. But he knew what he was doing-at that voltage if your Vorta reached for toilet paper you'd have (pre-cooked) spam in a can. LOL.

Good plan-well thought out.
Thanks--and that's some impressive science! Would you suggest that I actually change the comment about the voltage being potentially lethal, or is it acceptable?

I figure that based on the tendency of consoles to blow up, there has to be some SERIOUS juice going through the average starship--and I figure that it would be possible to create an electrical hazard severe enough that an entire ROOM (especially one as small as the head) could become too treacherous to enter.

Pre-cooked spam-in-a-can...well, let's just say it's a good thing that the Vorta are too smart to go and get themselves killed stupidly in most cases. Otherwise that termination implant MIGHT send out an unwanted signal...