View Single Post
Old August 25 2008, 07:08 PM   #27
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Re: Instead of being cancelled why wasn't ENT moved to SciFi?

Sheridan wrote: View Post
Hey, I just watched all four seasons of Enterprise last year for the first time and I have to say I loved Enterprise. In my opinion I would put it at 2nd place with TOS being 1st out of all the Trek series and I thought it was a shame it was cancelled. I was wondering if they considered or tried moving Enterprise to the SciFi channel to continue its 5th, 6th, and 7th seasons instead of canceling it? Isn't that what they did with Stargate SG-1? In it's 5th season it was moved to the SciFi channel instead of being cancelled(I assume that's why it was moved) so I'm wondering if they tried doing that with ENT but failed?
Actually, it was said the USA Network was actively interested in picking up the show (as were local stations who said they' love a package like what Paramount did for first run TNG and DS - but Paramount no longer had a first run syndication division) ; where Sci-Fi said it might look into it, were the show offered; but Paramount didn't want to shop the show - at that time (as was stated above by others) Paramount felt it had enough episodes of 'Star Trek' across the 5 series, and was not interested in continuing to produce any more.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote