View Single Post
Old August 25 2008, 01:05 AM   #45
RookieBatman
Commodore

Re: Why No 1960s Batman TV Series on VHS, DVD, etc.?

Christopher wrote: View Post
In my experience, the Adam West Batman is a show that you love as a serious adventure series when you're a kid, then dismiss as silly and campy when you reach adolescence and want to take everything seriously, then love again when you're fully grown up and finally figure out that it was a sitcom and was intentionally silly and campy, not to mention quite clever and subversive at times. Unless you're a comic-book geek who takes Batman way too seriously and insists on ignoring the historical reality that the character hasn't always been a grim avenger of the night.
Quoted for truth!
I know that's a little old to QFT, but I figure that I disagree with Christopher enough that I should give him his proper respects when I do so absolutely agree with him as in this case. I'm constantly surprised by the amount of adults I encounter who still don't get that the comedy was intentional. I feel kinda sad for them at what they're missing.