View Single Post
Old August 24 2008, 06:47 PM   #178
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Visual Proof a Resdesign is a good thing

Cary L. Brown wrote: View Post
ST-One wrote: View Post
Cary L. Brown wrote: View Post
Well, I think that ST-One's comment was intended to say "well, yeah, but that also looks like shit in my opinion." He's being universally negative about anything being said.
Well, it does look like shit, as do many of these FASA-designs I have seen (the big exeption being the Loknar).

BTW: 'Being negative about anything being said' is, in your little world, disagreeing with you. I've seen it time and again in TrekArt-forum. So...
You're really, really trying to goad me into responding to your perpetual "personal attacks" in here, aren't you?

Every single post you've made here has included some form of personal attack on me. It's really tiresome. I've noticed a VERY OBVIOUS lack of response from the moderator in here as well.

Yet, I'm sure that if I were to respond with a "fuck off" type comment, I'd get an immediate warning, wouldn't I?

MODERATOR, why is this the case? Care to comment?
If you were to be so injudicious as to direct a "fuck off" comment at anyone, then you would be correct in assuming that it would earn you a warning. However, all I'm seeing here is that ST-One has been disagreeing with you on certain aesthetic points, which does not in any way, shape or form constitute a personal attack; he's just disagreeing, which is a perfectly ordinary and allowable part of the sort of discussion which goes on here.

You, on the other hand, made a direct accusation of trolling here, which is not something you are supposed to do in open discussion; that's what the Notify Mod button is for, should you feel it necessary to call attention to anyone's actions. Since discussion had already moved on by the time it came to my attention, and ST-One had clearly declined to get excited about it, we opted to let that one slide.

He does not appear to me to be looking for a fight, but you sure are. Here's some friendly advice: back off the shouty, ALL-CAPS thing and back off the posturing.

And just have a discussion.

He should be able to disagree with you, as you should be able to disagree with anything anyone else posts, without any of it getting personal. This is a discussion board, not an "agree with me or die" board. There is room for more than one opinion, and he has indicated that he doesn't agree with yours in this instance.

It's no big deal, so stop making it a big deal. Let it be fun, Cary. Don't be anti-fun.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote