View Single Post
Old August 23 2008, 11:35 PM   #33
TroubledTribble
Ensign

Location: My body resides in Texas, my spirit on the seas of the universe.
Re: Kevin Smith Hints that Trek-XI is "Phenomenal"

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Kevin Smith (Sort of) Reviews Star Trek

August 22, 2008
by Anthony Pascale

TrekMovie previously reported that JJ Abrams has completed a first rough cut of his Star Trek movie and now it appears that he is showing it off. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back director Kevin Smith was a guest on KROQ’s Kevin and Bean show this morning and the subject of the new Star Trek movie came up with Smith giving a review of a movie in a roundabout way.

Smith: I saw a movie last night that I cannot talk about.

Host: Was it good?

Smith: It was phenomenal.

Host: Any stars, any break out stars, and do they trek?

Smith: The stars absolutely trek in this film. It is fantastic. Anybody who was worried doesn’t need to be worried–about this film I cannot talk about…It was in very capable hands. The director did a phenomenal job–the director and his crew. Top notch cast and the guy that plays the lead is an instant star. That dude is going to be so famous. He is so wonderful. He picked up a role that I would say is pretty challenging for someone to step into the shoes of, because it is a role that has been played before many times by the same guy.

Full Article in Link and Link to Audio Recording of the Interview

Even though he couldn't say anything detailed, it's still good to hear that he liked it so much.

If the buzz is any indicator, this movie's going to make some huge bank.
__________________________________________________ ____
This is a copy of Simon Peggs with AICN.

Pegg also said that he has seen some of Star Trek:
I’ve seen a little bit and I was screaming. I had my hand over my mouth “Oh my God!” It’s so good. I just think it’s going to be huge.

__________________________________________________ ____

Simon also got to see it. He seemed very astounded at what JJ and Company have accomplished. Kevin Smith and Simon Pegg are cut from the same clothe as Writer/Director/Actors go. They know the ins and outs of the business. For them to marvel at a movie that is still quite unfinished, JJ said last week that only 50 of the 1000+ sfx had been finished, shine the bight light of HOPE on this movie.

Last edited by TroubledTribble; August 23 2008 at 11:41 PM.
TroubledTribble is offline   Reply With Quote