View Single Post
Old August 22 2008, 08:50 PM   #36
the Dagman
Commodore

Re: Superman: The Reboot --- Its offcial

I guess I am one of the few that think that Bryan Singer is an over-hyped hack. Every single piece of work I have seen from him has this feel that there is something just not right. I really don't think the way he "gets" these projects are the way most people "get" them. I don't believe it has anything to do with his sexual orientation, but it sure seems like these properties have gone through a treatment by the guys from Queer Eye For The Straight Guy after he has finished with them.

Superman doesn't need much to reboot it however. You can retell his origin easily within the credit sequence. You don't need an hour to do it. The story of his training between his teen years in Smallville and becoming Superman has also been told enough times to just gloss over it, given that the Smallville series has done that period to death. Have Alex Ross or someone do some painted storyboards to recap his origin for the credits, and the just start the movie off as "A day in the life..." and move on. If they must have Lex Luthor in it, make him the untouchable business tycoon and a secondary character, not the main villain. I think Brainiac would be the best choice for the main villain. And it would be pretty easy to bring him in simply by crashing onto the planet and then he starts to repair himself.