View Single Post
Old August 22 2008, 07:40 PM   #27
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Superman: The Reboot --- Its offcial

This bums me out to hear. I liked Superman Returns more than most people did. In fact, I LOVED it. I think it's one of the most beautiful movies ever made and stands up as Bryan Singer's masterpiece.

As for this news, I imagine it's true but I'm not going to put much stock into anything I hear until we start hearing writers, directors, & actors attached to this project.

One thing that Warner Bros. seems to be forgetting-- developing a Superman movie is HARD. Don't they remember all the years and all the millions of dollars wasted on aborted Superman concepts in the 1990s? Tim Burton & Nicolas Cage were paid $20 million each to NOT make Superman Lives. Wolfgang Petersen was all set to direct Batman vs. Superman before he ditched it to do Troy instead. J.J. Abrams wrote a script that everyone at Warner Bros. loved until someone leaked it to AICN and everyone realized that it changed way too many aspects of the franchise to satisfy the fans (though it was still closer than anything Burton wanted to do). Then they spent years passing some variant of the Abrams script back & forth between McG & Brett Ratner. Only when Bryan Singer, a man of spectacular vision & love for the character, joined the project, did anything get done.

Alas, I have a sinking feeling that we're going to see Superman get stuck in another 2 decades of development hell unless they start talking to Singer again.