View Single Post
Old August 22 2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: Superman: The Reboot --- Its offcial

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
Oh well... I was not in favor of a reboot.
I believe we could get a better movie after Returns, with our hero established and Luthor and his silly land schemes out of the way.

Anyway, I hope Routh will return as Superman even though it's a reboot.
I hope and pray they devote as little time as possible to giving us an origin story.We know it and have been beaten over the head with it for decades.

I also hope Luthor will not be the main villain and in fact wouldn't mind if he made no appearance at all, though I consider it unlikely.

And finally give Superman a worthy powerful opponent that will push him to his limits of strength and intelligence and show us why he has that Super in front of the Man.Someone like Brainiac for example.

Generally speaking though, I'm worried about their whole "Make everything dark" attitude.I don't see it working anywhere besides Batman.
Routh returning would confuse Joe Public into thinking it's a continuation. Hearing hundreds of people whining and wondering where the kid is would drive me insane.

And as for a villain, I was thinking Parasite. Battling a villain who can drain his abilities will force Supes to use his brain for a change, instead of his brawn.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended. - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is online now   Reply With Quote