View Single Post
Old August 21 2008, 05:55 AM   #79
Thrawn
Rear Admiral

Re: Read & Reread "Greater Than The Sum"- My Opinion (Spoilers)

Dayton3 wrote: View Post
I do not know what you are talking about.

I had a series of posts a couple of years ago where I openly disagreed with writers and editors of Star Trek who were maintaining there was no profitable market for Star Trek technical manuals and similiar publications.

I maintained that they could not know that without actually publishing something.

The reaction I got from many was "My god! He is disagreeing with writers!! People who produce Star Trek material FOR MONEY are here blessing us with their presence, and he has the gall to disagree with them!! Shut him up before the writers get irritated and refuse to post here anymore!!.
Publishing isn't magic. They've had sales figures of technical manuals and similar publications for years, and it probably wasn't hard to see the downward trend. Mostly, I think people were disagreeing with you because you were wrong.

But you never answered my question. If you haven't really enjoyed a Star Trek book in 13 years, why do you still care enough to come on here and post about them? Very few people involved with writing or editing the books back then are still on the team, and the philosophy, boundaries, continuity, and scope of the novels are all rather different.