View Single Post
Old August 20 2008, 05:36 PM   #48
Christopher
Writer

Re: Read & Reread "Greater Than The Sum"- My Opinion (Spoilers)

Janeway4Prez wrote: View Post
My only complaints were how much time was devoted to referencing past episodes and books.
I know, but it was kind of unavoidable given my charter to resolve lingering issues from what had come before (which I interpreted to mean addressing the apparent inconsistencies and clarifying how it all fit together) in order to clear the board, as it were, for Destiny. Of all my books, this is the one that's the least standalone -- even compared to Mere Anarchy Book 4, I'd say. Still, in retrospect, maybe I could've found a way to trim the recaps more.

And the character of T'Ryssa who felt out of place, annoying and had about as much appeal as someone such as, say, Miley Cyrus.
I have only the vaguest idea who that is, and I think I prefer it that way.

I was sad to see some of these characters that were introduced in the previous books suddenly get swept under a rug.
So was I, to an extent. I would've really liked to have a whole book in which to rehabilitate T'Lana, but her departure had already been established in the previous book. Ya plays the cards yer dealt.

Baerbel Haddrell wrote: View Post
I completely agree although I agree that in spite of being a professional, she is immature. For a human, being 26 is young but for a human/Vulcan, 26 is even younger. Vulcans don`t mature quickly and I immediately saw Trys as a valuable officer but with the maturity of an immature teenager.
Heck, she's about as mature as I was at her age. But more emotionally disciplined...

Written Worlds -- My blog