View Single Post
Old August 20 2008, 01:13 PM   #30
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: Read & Reread "Greater Than The Sum"- My Opinion (Spoilers)

tenmei wrote: View Post
Uhm, Dan, I might have missed a post but when did anyone bring religion into the debate - you're the first one to bring in religion (and I've reviewed the thread) ? I have to agree with a lot (not all, because I liked the Noh Angels) of what Dayton3 said about the character of T'Rys (not the multiple partner thing but I do have to wonder how she got through Starfleet Academy - and the Barclay Defence just doesn't work for me, from what I recall he was a professional on duty and just an oddball off duty whilst T'Rys can be arguably both a bad example to junior officers and borderline insubordinate at times) and the whole Beverley/Jean Luc situation.
My bad, I just linked his opinions with his religious opinions which is something I wouldn't ordinarily do, but too many late nights and early mornings are catching up with me.

As for

tenmei wrote: View Post
I think I'm more annoyed by this thread and others like it, where if someone dares to criticise a book strongly they'll end up getting slammed by the other posters. It's gotten to the point where I'm hesitant about posting comments about things in the books that I don't like.
I understand your point, and maybe this contradictory from what I've previously wrote, but I am not a fan of critisim for critisim sacks, I personally believe that if you are going to critise something, you should back it up with why you didn't like it and further more, you should give possible alternatives to what you disliked. This is something that I confess rarely occurs and even though I do not mean any disrespect towards the writers, such a course of action might just prevent people being slammed for there opinions even if it does come across as a tad arrogant.

Last edited by Dimesdan; August 20 2008 at 01:20 PM.