View Single Post
Old August 20 2008, 04:00 AM   #13
Ktrek
Captain

Re: Read & Reread "Greater Than The Sum"- My Opinion (Spoilers)

Chris,

As much as I enjoyed the book I too have to wonder how T'Ryssa could have ever made it in Starfleet. Not that I don't find her an interesting character to some degree, but she does seem very un-Starfleet like. Sure she adds interest to a story that might not have been quite as fun without her, but she seems to be the pursuit of male testosterone driven dreams more than a well thought out contributing character. To me she seems too much patterned after Ro Laren and thus that may have hindered my total suspense of disbelief and enjoying her character for what role she played in the story.

Unlike Dayton3 I hated the cover art. I think it's one of the worst in the Star Trek line in many years and truly shows a lack of creativity in the art department and I wish I could tell Marco so! I also disagree with Dayton3's opinion about book length. I think that some elements could have better fleshed out and enjoyed more if the book had been maybe a 100 pages longer. It seemed rushed in many respects.

I generally really enjoy your books Chris but this one would only get 2 1/2 out of 5 stars from me. However, it certainly would not stop me from reading your future contributions to the Trek universe and I do hope you have many more stories to tell.

Kevin