View Single Post
Old August 20 2008, 03:02 AM   #7
Christopher
Writer

Re: Read & Reread "Greater Than The Sum"- My Opinion (Spoilers)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
I liked T'Ryssa a lot.

I'll go a step further. As fascinating as I found the star cluster beings, T'Ryssa was the part of the book I liked the most.
Aw, that's nice. I appreciate it.

Okay, yes, her casual, carefree attitude toward sex took some getting used to. Four sexual partners in the course of a single book (though two of those were prior to the prologue) was slightly eye-popping. But, in the future, sexual mores are going to be different. Sexual mores are changing now, there's no reason to think they wouldn't become more open and less restrictive in the future.
Four? There was Paul, the one-night stand, and Rennan; who was the fourth? And as I said, that single book covered four months, so I don't think it was that extravagant.

And I don't think the future has that much to do with it. I mean, how many men did the women on Sex in the City sleep with over the course of four months?

I know that, in the acknowledgements, Christopher discusses her origins, as a D&D character tossed into a Trek milieu.
Not exactly. She was a Trek character from the beginning, but in the game, she was transported into a D&D milieu. See, my friend who was into gaming wanted to come up with a way that she and I could do something gaming-related together despite my hesitancy to try it out, so she proposed letting me play a Trek character in a D&D world as a way to ease me into it. It was fun for a while, but unfortunately her family responsibilities got in the way and it got nipped in the bud.

Written Worlds -- My blog