View Single Post
Old August 19 2008, 09:19 PM   #20
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: "Superman Returns Again" still in limbo...

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
I thought Routh was decent as Superman, but I didn't particularly like his acting as Clark Kent. Routh and Bosworth would have been much better served by a new take on Superman where the characters are young reporters just starting out at The Daily Planet.

I actually think that Singer's take on the Superman mythos might have worked great if he'd cast leads who were appropriate in terms of portraying a Superman and Lois Lane who have shared a long history together, with Superman having left and come back after a long absence. Imagine Jim Caviezel and Diane Lane in the roles and it's a very different movie.
Ironically enough, back when Mark Millar was so confident that Jim Caviezel was going to play Superman, I was actually convinced. I thought he could pull it off. I was a tad disappointed that it wasn't actually him, since Millar had pulled off one hell of a convincing argument. Then again, he is one very manipulating, very conniving guy. He would lead everyone to believe he was doing the next Superman film ... even himself!