View Single Post
Old August 19 2008, 09:19 PM   #20
Vice Admiral
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: "Superman Returns Again" still in limbo...

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
I thought Routh was decent as Superman, but I didn't particularly like his acting as Clark Kent. Routh and Bosworth would have been much better served by a new take on Superman where the characters are young reporters just starting out at The Daily Planet.

I actually think that Singer's take on the Superman mythos might have worked great if he'd cast leads who were appropriate in terms of portraying a Superman and Lois Lane who have shared a long history together, with Superman having left and come back after a long absence. Imagine Jim Caviezel and Diane Lane in the roles and it's a very different movie.
Ironically enough, back when Mark Millar was so confident that Jim Caviezel was going to play Superman, I was actually convinced. I thought he could pull it off. I was a tad disappointed that it wasn't actually him, since Millar had pulled off one hell of a convincing argument. Then again, he is one very manipulating, very conniving guy. He would lead everyone to believe he was doing the next Superman film ... even himself!
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote