View Single Post
Old August 19 2008, 03:57 AM   #18
ninetofive
Lieutenant

Re: Do you love or hate the Ferengi episodes, overall?

Python Trek wrote: View Post
Actually, there's only one Ferengi ep. that I don't like: Profit and Lace. It was bad. Threshold bad. Nemesis bad. Very bad, in other words.

But y'know, it's sort of strange to me that people forget sometimes that Trek is often at its best when it's doing comedy. How about TOS's tribbles, McCoy's sarcasm, A Piece of the Action, nearly any line spoken by Chekov, etc.? TNG's A Fistful of Datas, lots of Geordi/Data schtick, Guinan stuff? DS9's Bashir/Garak lunches, O'Brien's exasperation at just about everything, Dax's one-liners? VOY's EMH, Tom and Harry bantering?......Trek is pretty damn funny, sometimes!

I absolutely agree. A large part of the appeal for me is the humour. Some people, like myself, just don't find the Zek brand of humour funny. I like comedy films in general, but I hate the recent spate of stupid, low-brow comedies starring any member of "The Twat Pack", namely Will Ferrel, Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Eddie Murphie (Nutty Professor style stuff), Steve Carell and the original: Jim Carey. (Although Judd Apatow is partially responsible for the quality of many of their movies.)
ninetofive is offline   Reply With Quote