View Single Post
Old August 18 2008, 03:53 AM   #1140
Anthony Sabre
Commodore

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Well I watched the series closer today. Almost got tearful but not quite. I finished this show far faster then I meant to. I told myself I was only going to watch 1-2 episodes per day but that got thrown out the window. I was completely hooked near the finish of season 2 and by season 3 I was sometimes watching 3-4 episodes per day. Anyway I finished the whole series right at two months.

This was the most epic series I ever watched. So much was at stake. I think the reason I enjoyed it so much is because it was not tied down to ideals and an established universe like Trek is. B5 was free to do as it pleased from a writing aspect and certainly did so. No character was safe and no outcome was implausible. Even after reading the synopsis for each episode of each season, individual episodes still kept me on the edge of my seat, wondering if it would all work out, even though I knew the ending. Unlike the Dominion War, there were times when I was unsure if they would come off victorious against the Shadows. And even after the war ended, there was still so much to see. What You Leave Behind was the most definitive ending in Trek but Sleeping in Light was even more so. The episode addressed on screen what DS9 was only able to address later in the novels. Anyway, it's unlikely I'll find another series quite like this one, though I'm already looking.

I have one episode left to see. I intentionally skipped the season 4 closer since it was a "look back" episode. I'll probably check it out tomorrow and I'll also be ordering The Gathering soon as well.

Last edited by Anthony Sabre; August 18 2008 at 05:53 AM.
Anthony Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote