View Single Post
Old August 17 2008, 03:24 PM   #20
ancient
Vice Admiral

Re: are Vampires the "Next Big Thing" for '08? Twilight, Tru Calling.

The pre-teen fangirl-legion aimed "Twilight" DOMINATED Comic-Con this year, and now we hear that Harry Potter 6 has been pushed back to next summer, so the "Twilight" film pushed up its release date 3 weeks to now come out the weekend HP 6 *would* have come out, Thanksgiving weekend. So for this christmas season, going into fall/winter, the big movie experience will be the vampire-themed Twilight.
I predict that this movie will flop big time. The Twilight series, from what I hear, is one of the worst book series ever concieved. It starts out with a girl who does nothing but whine, everyone automatically loves her despite this, and she has some ill defined "specialness" which makes her super seductive to Vampires.

Or something. Frankly, none of the descriptions I hear make sense. Essentially, she loves this total dick of a vampire, and clings to him throughout the series even though he never actually does anything nice to her. Pay attention girls, this is what a relationship should be!

Anyway, I hear the fanbase went into a tizzy because in later books she gets married to him, then...ugh...gets pregnant with a vampire baby that starts eating her from the womb...so the hubby bites her to make her a vampire so she'll live. Or die but still be undead or whatnot. It's much worse than I can describe, but really the whole series takes a sharp turn into crazyland.