View Single Post
Old August 17 2008, 06:57 AM   #11
Messianni
Commodore

View Messianni's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Messianni Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Messianni
Re: are Vampires the "Next Big Thing" for '08? Twilight, Tru Calling.

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Messianni wrote: View Post
So far as Twilight is concerned, I have no interest whatsoever. The fangirl following especially turns me off from the entire thing. During the recent midnight release of Breaking Dawn, the fourth (last?) installment in the series, a local Borders was jampacked with loud gothy teens. The fact that I was purchasing something not Twilight related got me odd looks and culminated with someone asking me why I wasn't buying it in a very rude manner. I lit them on fire.

Well, in fairness, if you were at a Borders at midnight when they were having a release party for a book and you are there to not by said book, you would get some odd looks (It'd be like going to Borders when during their Harry Potter 7 midnight release and buying a Trek novel).
Funny you should say that, because I actually did. I was there with my girlfriend and some others during the midnight release. Another extremely large crowd, so much so it was hard to walk through the building. The attitude of the crowd, though, was so much more fun and upbeat. Twilight is basically a series of harlequinn novels with a vampire theme. Romance wish-fulfillment. Chick falls in love with a vampire, who is perfect in every way and vows to protect her. Oh, and a werewolf wants her too. Fighting ensues.