View Single Post
Old August 15 2008, 05:40 AM   #19
Pensive
Fleet Captain

View Pensive's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Pensive Send a message via Yahoo to Pensive
Re: Tropic Thunder Grading and Discussion - Spoilers.

Just got back from seeing this, and let me tell you I am still wiping away the tears of laughter. I have visited all the viral sites (kirklazarus.com, rainofmadness.com, et al) and those really helped me enjoy the movie more. Seeing RDJ - as Lazarus - as Osiris in those mockumentary trailers was enough to make me laugh and think "man the guy is nucking futz!"

I gotta see this again, because there were times I was laughing so hard I missed lines. The whole movie could have been Downey in the sfx makeup doing shitty Shaft impressions and I would have paid $10 to see it. The guy is great -- he played the most complex role by far in the film (TWO characters!) and aced it.

And of course I loved the TOS clip playing on Speedman's iPod

It's high time someone did a really well thought-out sendup of Hollyweird, with the cheap comedies/disability Oscar-bait/self-absorbed Method stuff. I particularly loved the bit where Lazarus gives Speedman tips on how to win over the Oscar crowd: "never go full retard."

A