Thread: Top 20 - Bands
View Single Post
Old August 13 2008, 11:59 PM   #40
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl
Re: Top 20 - Bands

Canadave wrote: View Post
The Tragically Hip (seriously look these guys up if you like rock\classic rock and haven't heard of 'em)
One of the best pieces of advice I've taken away from this board, in 7 years on here. Thanks again, Canadave! tomalak301, based on the rest of your list, I'd encourage you to take the man's advice. I know I certainly am glad I did. I started listening to them about what? 5 or 6 months ago, Dave? And with the possible exception of the time about 6 1/2 years ago when someone told me told me to give Babylon 5 a try, this is the most valued piece of advice I've ever received on this board.

Still mystifies me why these guys are so huge in Canada but they've never made it down here. IMO, they are all kinds of awesome.

My list:

Top 5:

1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Pearl Jam
3. Bon Jovi
4. The Tragically Hip
5. U2

Others include (in no particular order): Queen, Journey, Fuel, REM, Alanis Morissette, The Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox 20, The Beatles, The Eagles, Janis Joplin, Green Day, Nirvana, The Police, The Counting Crows, Prince, The Sam Roberts Band, Soundgarden, 3 Doors Down.

And even though they're just a baby band at this point, I do like Daughtry.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley

Last edited by CindyLouWho; August 14 2008 at 12:11 AM.
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote