View Single Post
Old August 13 2008, 02:42 AM   #145
Christopher
Writer

Re: Greater Than The Sum Review *** POTENTIAL SPOILERS ***

EnochRoot wrote: View Post
Finished GTTS last night. Enjoyable, solid read. Good character development, leisurely pace, tied up some lose ends with the Borg that had been floating around from TNG and VOY both on screen and in the books.
Thanks!

I was glad to see that the Picard/Crusher wedding was "off-screen". The main focus on their relationship was more properly the issue of having a child from a thematic viewpoint so Christopher correctly focused there.
The credit for that decision goes to Margaret Clark, my editor on this book.

The way Christopher tapped into Picard's "multiple personalities" (not in the clinical sense) of Sarek, Locutus, and Kamin was inspired. I hope to see more writers explore what it means to have 3 or 4 different lives in Picard's head from which he can draw experience and insight.
Keith DeCandido already explored that to a degree in his comics miniseries Perchance to Dream, which was an influence on me in writing this.

Of the three "mutineers" I was glad Kodohata was the editorial/authorial choice to remain a cast member. I would have picked her if I could only have 1. Too bad Leybenzon had to go though. KRAD did a nice job establishing his character in Q&A. Was there any thought given to allowing him to stay on serving under Choudhury? It seems her peaceful nature could have been a good influence on him over time.
Interesting thought, but no, that was never considered as far as I know.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote