View Single Post
Old August 12 2008, 07:10 PM   #16
comicbookwriter
Captain

View comicbookwriter's Twitter Profile
Re: top ten hip hop albums of all time?

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Speaking as an old geezer who's definately not a rap fan, its a bit unfair to expect us to want to spend a whole lot of time and money tracking down 'good' examples when pretty much all thats promoted to us are the bitches shaking their asses in the camera, and punks covered in blink flashing fistfuls of $100 bills and rapping about what bad-asses they are on MTV and BET.

Or maybe I'm just showing my age.
But just that's my point. Its not that I expect you to DO anything, I am just saying that what's promoted is actually not at all reflective of the culture as a whole or even in part.

However, it has nothing to do with age as much as just enough wisdom to know that while something might not be your "cup of tea" it doesn't make it bad or invalid.

I am 34 years old and I grew up listening to this stuff and I can tell you that the majority of the fans of the first generation or "old school" hip-hop are as appalled as those who don't know anything about it.

I hate all these new school acts that are nothing more than pawns of record execs and producers who want to make the quickest buck imaginable.

Bottom line, if you're not a fan, you're not a fan, but if you have an open enough mind and some free time, I can recommend some quality stuff to you that might surprise you.

CBW

The only podcast for aspiring sci-fi and comic book writers.

comicbookwriter is offline   Reply With Quote