View Single Post
Old August 12 2008, 06:47 PM   #948
DBR
Vice Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Finally saw it. We went to see it like 2 1/2 weeks ago, but the middle-of-the-week afternoon show we showed up for was sold out.

It was excellent, but I think I enjoyed the first one more.

Very dark! I don't much care for dark, yet I loved it.

Harvey Dent/Two face was really well done. Part of me was fearing that they would fuck up that story, but I was very happy in the end. Did he die? Batman survived the fall, but other than the funeral/tribute we saw, his fate was kind of left hanging.... or maybe I am over thinking it.

Shaking cellphone spy camera-thing: Lame. I just thought it was lame, I don't know why.

Batman's voice seemed more... forced than in the last movie, but perhaps I am just mis-remembering... and it ultimately doesn't matter to me, I just noticed it. I actually thought he sounded more like he did in Begins when he was in Aarkham and everyone was seeing him as some kind of devil beast while high on Scarecrow juice. Again, just an observation, not a critique.

I preferred Gyllenhaal to Holmes, but I still didn't really like the character of Rachel Dawes. She was more of a plot device in this movie, which I suppose worked out well.

The Joker was excellent. Creepy!!! Real-creepy, not movie-creepy. I totally bought into him as a lunatic psycho-fuck.

Very happy with this movie. I was about ready for it to end when the Joker was put in jail, but I knew it wasn't going to be that easy, and the rest of the movie cured my long-movie sore-ass affliction.

I was kind of looking forward to seeing the new bat cave, but I guess we'll have to wait for that.