View Single Post
Old August 12 2008, 02:24 AM   #32
Yassim
Fleet Captain

Re: What's Alan Moore's Problem?

Noname Given wrote: View Post
Oh, please, give me a break. He KNEW what would happen to his properties once he sold the movie rights (and believe me, in te 1970ies and 1980ies, there were A LOT of examples he could look at and watch on TV and in the theatres of the day).
Who are the comic writers of the 70's and 80's who retained creative control of their own properties?

he now does the whole 'I'm OUTRAGED!(tm)' stchick (much like Harlan Ellison - who's mde a good deal of money off of the whole 'Gene Roddenberry destroyes my 'City on the Edge of Forever' script...
Moore just answers the question's he asked. He's never campaigned against the movies, he's never written an "I got screwed" book like Ellison, and as far as I can see, he's still politely answering the same questions time and again.

he's just a raging hypocrite (imo); a;though I do applaud him if he IS at least donating a share of proceeds to charities).
Which part of removing his name from a movie to which he didn't contribute is hypocrisy? He didn't see a penny off V for Vendetta, and he won't take anything for Watchmen.

(I did enjoy your accusation of hypocrisy, with applause for his charitable donations, though. That's big of you.)