I can't believe this many people can be that wrong about something that's this much of a no-brainer.
- No period pieces. That'll flop.
- No continuing Donner or Singer's versions. That's just sound logic.
- No origin story. Nobody needs or wants it.
- Create real, relevant, smart drama for the Man of Steel. If anything is be learned from Nolan, it's make a good movie, not a good Superman movie. Put Superman in peril.
- Give Superman a physical threat that he can punch, surrounded by a smart movie.
- Explain to the audience why Superman matters, even if you have to hit them over the head with it. I suggest "What's So Funny Bout Truth, Justice & The American Way" as a starting point, one of the last relevant Superman stories.
If what you said can be put in a movie with a better cast that S:R (except with Brandon Routh, he IS this gen's Superman) then the next Superman movie will be one of the biggest blockbusters of the year.