View Single Post
Old August 8 2008, 11:37 PM   #34
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Re: XXIX Olympic games coverage

Brolan wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
Brolan wrote: View Post
NBC has an iron-clad contract with the Olympic games that restricts all Olympic coverage in the US to them. You can't even legally stream video to the US of the Olympic games.

I've thought about going up to the Canadian border to see the CBC Olympics coverage but it just isn't practical for two weeks.
Try http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/livevideo/ You can adjust the schedule for your own time zone.

Titus Andronicus wrote: View Post
I really wish they would've shown the Opening Ceremonies live....
I saw them live on CBC. The Canadian athletes got a nice reception from the crowd.

I tried your link but it doesn't work for me. They can id your country from your IP address and I don't think they are allowed to stream to the US.

Maybe someone else from the US can confirm or deny this?

Yes, you need an anonymizer or a proxy server. Every country is doing this, unfortunately.

Also, there's so much coverage about this fencer who won gold for China in Los Angeles but is not fencing for Canada. I'm sure there's a little cheering for that person.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote