View Single Post
Old August 3 2008, 03:52 PM   #12
Procutus
Admiral

Re: Abrams On Lack Of 'Star Trek' Promotion

Cmndr J Crichton wrote: View Post

Could Abrams have any pull on when this movie is released? Why not oush shooting schedules back to coincide with the May releae date. It seems kind of wasteful to sit on a movie for 5 extra months when it's completed. Why not release it in January? Or February? All the other big holiday movies are done. People will want something new. Star Trrek comes out, and wham! Breaks alll kinds of early year release record. Or......Release it when Wolverine and Terminator 4 at coming out the same month, and it tanks.

Man, I couldn't agree more! I've been saying for months that I think it's dumb to sit on a finished film for that long, if they really are going to try to have it completed by December.

But since they aren't, then use the extra time to make the film look as incredible as possible, fer cryin' out loud! Don't make the same mistake as 1979 when Paramount rushed TMP into theaters before it was completely finished. Trumbull had told the studio he could've given them the best effects possible (at the time) if they had waited until February or March of 1980 to release the movie.

It's just my opinion, but I think its dumb to rush it to completion on the original schedule, but sit on it for five months.

Just my .02 worth. I'll get off my soapbox now.