View Single Post
Old August 1 2008, 09:00 PM   #89
DeeEss57
Lieutenant

Re: Greater Than The Sum Review *** POTENTIAL SPOILERS ***

JD wrote: View Post
I finally got the book(!!!)
Me too. And I read the entire thing yesterday. Took six hours. Couldn't put it down!

I enjoyed the story and I'm getting to like the new crew. They're beginning to mesh well with one another and Picard. Had to feel sorry for Picard, though. Here is he trying to deal with another Borg incursion and new senior staff and Beverly is all over him about procreation. Burdens of command, I suppose.

I liked Necheyev's apology, it was definitely in the vein of TNG. I think a lot of TNG fans don't like her much because on the series she came across rather cold and demanding. But she had a job to do, too, and I don't think she really enjoyed the more unpleasant aspects of her job. Thanks for lightening her up, Christopher!

Guinan's anger towards Picard sort of caught me by surprise. But she never did mince words with anyone, let alone Picard. And he needed the kick in the ass. I guess Guinan was the only one who could get away with that.

The battle tactics of Choudhury was pretty inventive, I thought. I liked it. Using one's head instead of overwhelming force. Kinda cool!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the Destiny series and, finally (I hope) putting the Borg to rest. And, then, getting on to seeing the new crew dealing with other things.

DES
Save one life and you're a hero.
Save 230 million and you're a Starfleet officer.
DeeEss57 is offline   Reply With Quote