View Single Post
Old August 1 2008, 05:32 AM   #56
dragunzng
Rear Admiral

View dragunzng's Twitter Profile
Re: Black Panther animated trailer

Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
Strange thing about that, though; When Malcolm X went to Nigeria in 1964, he was giving a lecture at a college, and he used the word 'Negro-American' in a speech he was making, only to be reprimanded by a representative of the student council for doing so; he was told the the term 'Negro' was derogatory,and that the name Afro-American was more dignified. So afterwards, he used the term African American or Afro-American to refer to black people.

Just a little historical perspective.....
It's simply a personal opinion of mine, much like that of the student, I don't think it's a prevailing belief among Africans that the term is inaccurate or anything.

Galactus wrote: View Post
Do you think people would actually go out to see a Black Panther movie? I don't think they would especially if he is like he is in the comics.
I think it would depend on how well the character was handled, I think it could be done, but if so, on a tight budget. Additionally, I'm not sure whether actually calling the movie "Black Panther" would be the most marketable decision!