View Single Post
Old August 1 2008, 06:32 AM   #56
Rear Admiral
View dragunzng's Twitter Profile
Re: Black Panther animated trailer

Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
Strange thing about that, though; When Malcolm X went to Nigeria in 1964, he was giving a lecture at a college, and he used the word 'Negro-American' in a speech he was making, only to be reprimanded by a representative of the student council for doing so; he was told the the term 'Negro' was derogatory,and that the name Afro-American was more dignified. So afterwards, he used the term African American or Afro-American to refer to black people.

Just a little historical perspective.....
It's simply a personal opinion of mine, much like that of the student, I don't think it's a prevailing belief among Africans that the term is inaccurate or anything.

Galactus wrote: View Post
Do you think people would actually go out to see a Black Panther movie? I don't think they would especially if he is like he is in the comics.
I think it would depend on how well the character was handled, I think it could be done, but if so, on a tight budget. Additionally, I'm not sure whether actually calling the movie "Black Panther" would be the most marketable decision!
I'm making awesome African SciFi comics with my brother. Check 'em Out! Outcasts of Jupiter & Under a Jovian Sun
dragunzng is offline   Reply With Quote