View Single Post
Old July 29 2008, 01:54 AM   #61
Christopher
Writer

Re: Greater Than The Sum Review *** POTENTIAL SPOILERS ***

KingstonTrekker wrote: View Post
From your comments on here, it sounds like your job with GTTS was to pick up the threads from earlier books and prepare everyone for Destiny. Well, in my mind you succeeded!
Well, that was one of my jobs, but I was trying to tell an original story in the process as well. I'm glad you liked it, though.

I have read some posts on here that have been critical of T'Ryssa. I thought that she was the most refreshing new character to yet appear in the TNG relaunch. Finally, a character with some spunk! She grew throughout the novel; her mind meld scene with Picard was terrific. I am looking forward to seeing how this evolution continues in Destiny.
Thanks! But keep in mind that in an ensemble series, a given character won't necessarily be featured heavily in every volume. Dave outlined Destiny before I was even hired to do GTTS, so there was limited opportunity for him to work T'Ryssa into the story. (Conversely, since Dina Elfiki is Dave's creation, she's a more central player in Destiny than in GTTS.) But Bill Leisner and I had an interesting talk about the character at Shore Leave...

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote