View Single Post
Old July 23 2008, 12:08 AM   #62
Vonstadt
Captain

Re: Would a Captain Sulu series have killed trek?

Omg that episode was horrible. It had dead crewmembers appearing in the final shot of Star trk VI, when Sulu bids farewel to Kirk.

I mean that is dedication for Valtene to have died on the bridge during a run through the nebula against Kang. and then stand to next to sulu later after the fight at Khitamor.

I was impressed. :P

lol The timeline given about the arrest of Kirk and Mccoy and then their trial and intement was a total of two or three days...it was anightmare of a episode. The writers shouldve atleast gone out and rented Star Trek Vi to fit it in better.

I was all pysched for the eppy too, Trials and Tribbulations was cute and a nice nod so I was really looking forward to 'Flashback'. Sloppy and poorly slapped together in my opinion.

Like pretty much most of Voyager..plenty to work with..so much wasted potential...it shouldve been such a landmark series.

But I dont think a Cpt. Sulu series wouldve saved Trek...it wouldve been the same writing staff and creative team that torpedo'd poor Voyager.

But the idea did have great potential too.