View Single Post
Old July 20 2008, 05:14 AM   #268
Garrett
Vice Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

I saw the Dark Knight this morning at the local Imax. I've been looking forward to seeing a sequel ever since Batman Begins. Though, oddly enough I never felt the same sort of excitement for the movie that I've seen on display from other fans online. I thought it was excellent.

As mentioned by others, Bale, Oldman, and Eckhart all put in excellent performances. Ledger was great, of course, but Gordon's story here ended up sort of stealing the show for me by the end. Especially his lines about Batman as the Dark Knight.

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes, and was disappointed to see her character recast. She's hot, too, unlike Gyllenhall. Maggie Gyllenhall did all right with the character, though.

I went with my brother, his wife, and my mother. I was really suprised that my mother enjoyed it as much as she did. She kept going on about the movie quite awhile after leaving the theater.

Anyway, I hope to see the movie again in the next week or two. Looking forward to the next one, as well.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote