View Single Post
Old July 19 2008, 09:22 PM   #117
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along blog

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
I thought Act III was a fitting end to the overall story. Captain Hammer's "Everyone's a hero" was just a little too long for my personal tastes, but Fillion played that bit to perfection as the clueless, narcissistic superpowered oaf. Dr Horrible bearing responsibility for Penny's death was, I thought, the right way to handle the character. He's just not very good at being evil and his heart really isn't in it, yet he wants to be a supervillain nonetheless. It felt right to me that he would continue on, not knowing what else to do now that the life of his love was dead -- and since it was by his hands, he becomes emotionally numb, a necessary step in taking his evil goals seriously and understanding the cost of his actions.
I agree completely. I kinda think some people got attached to their idea of what should happen, rather than just going with it.
I know people think it's cliche that Joss killed the love interest again, but I thought it was pretty much the only way it could go down.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote