View Single Post
Old July 19 2008, 01:00 AM   #179
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Knightfall would probably be the best-suited title for the third movie after how this one ended.

So this couple took their way-too-young son to see this movie and they sat in the row in front of me. Now while the movie didn't seem to freak out the kid in any way, he was quite bored with the non-action scenes and kept asking his dad questions, and after about two hours he was really jumpy in his seat.

I may be in the minority, but I like Katie Holmes. I'll grant that Maggie Gyllenhaal is a better actress and more suited to play an ADA because Holmes looks forever young (which I'm sure you all guys would just HATE to have in your spouses), but I wish Holmes had come back (and I bet she wishes she hadn't chosen Mad Money over The Dark Knight now). However, let's be honest here -- Rachel Dawes was the weakest-written main character in both movies.

thumbtack wrote: View Post
Alright, who are the two Jokers that rated it "Poor"? Get it? Jokers?

I'm easily amused.
One apparently did it as a joke before the movie even came out. The other is a troll who hates the movie in advance, has no intention of seeing it and wants to share his self-fulfilling prophecy with the rest of us.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote