View Single Post
Old July 19 2008, 12:02 AM   #172
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Eric Roberts is really good in this movie. I had no idea he was in it, and I was really impressed with his role.
I didn't know he was in it either and was also impressed.

Frontier wrote: View Post
In my neck of the woods, I've never, ever seen a theatre more than 70% of capacity. Ever. Not for any opening of any film. Period. Not Spider-Man, not Pirates. Nothing.

My theatre, which has it on two screens, was 95% or more filled.
I was worried that I'd end up in a crowded theater, but surprisingly it wasn't and I was very pleased.

Frontier wrote: View Post
Ledger's Joker owned. You actually did laugh at some of his hijinks, deadly as they may be.
Loved the picil trick. That was just sick, not to mention slick.

JKTim wrote: View Post
My only real complaint is with the China subplot, as it added 20 minutes to the movie and never contributed anything of real value to the movie.
I liked it. It was something new for a Batman movie. I also loved Gordon's stifled laugh when whatshisface was delivered with a note.

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I was disappointed, though, that Ledger's dedication doesn't appear until "deep" into the credits rather in the front of the movie or in front of the credits.
I was looking out for that and didn't see it.

TheBrew wrote: View Post
As silly as the cell phone sonar was, it was better than the water vaperizer in the first one.
I forgot about that. I questioned it briefly but in the end, it doesn't bug me. The microwave vaproizer was much worse.

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
I think the thing I liked the most about it was that it wasn't a cliche comic book movie... that was some really dark shit! It made any of the X-Men or any of the previous Batman's look like they were put out by Disney! It was dark, gritty, and plausible. It wasn't some guy looking to freeze the city (insert maniacle laughter).
Yeah, really.

aladinsane wrote: View Post
Overall, the movie felt a bit long. I found myself checking my watch a few times--never a good thing. I will want to see it again for sure, but my first impression is that this was a very solid movie, but a step down from Begins.
I thought it was a step up and didn't think it was too long either. I could have sat there for a few more hours.

Last edited by Agent Richard07; July 19 2008 at 12:11 AM.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote