View Single Post
Old July 18 2008, 05:08 PM   #102
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Re: An Idea For A Game/Project

Ptrope wrote: View Post
Very nice, Vektor! Well worth the wait; love the style and the layout . Is this drawn and scanned or completely digital? (btw, "something" is misspelled in the last panel )
It's actually completely digital, which is noteworthy because I had just bought myself a small Wacom tablet the day before my turn came around; prior to that, I had never done any 2D digital art before. I didn't buy the Wacom specifically for the comic project but I figured it would be a good way to learn the new software and become familiar with the process. In retrospect, I probably should have chosen something without a one week deadline.

The results weren't too bad. I'm particularly happy with the closeup of McCoy. The coloring was a little rushed, though, and came out sloppier than I wanted, although it's consistant with certain styles of watercoloring. If I'd had more time (or a shorter learning curve!) I could have added a lot more detail, better shading, etc, but shoulda woulda coulda. It's done and I'm happy with it.