View Single Post
Old July 16 2008, 05:25 PM   #85
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl
Re: Sci-fi Brilliant but Canceled or little known gems

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
PKTrekGirl wrote: View Post
Wonderfalls - this was an awesome little show. Every time I see a coin on the ground I still think of the barrel bear saying "Find a penny - pick it up"....and I occasionally console myself about this issue or that with a mental picture of the monkey bookend saying "It's perfectly normal". I'm just thankful that they did the first season as a self-contained unit with a good ending. I'd have loved to have seen more seasons, but the show is very watchable on DVD because it ends well.
Yeah. Plus, I think some of the ideas they had for season 2 were kinda . (Sharon gets pregnant from the semen leftover in her girlfriend's vagina?!?)

Still, I loved the show a lot. Katie Finneran & Caroline Dhavernas are 2 of the cutest actresses in TV history. (Heaven would be making them the bread in a me-sandwich.)
I haven't read all that much about ideas they had for future seasons. Although I think that I did read (maybe on Wiki?) that they were tossing around the idea of Jaye ending up in a mental institution at some point....

Not sure how they could have made that funny...but then, I was continuously amazed at that show...and at Pushing Daisies too, for that matter! I love Bryan Fuller! That guy could make just about anything funny, I think. I'm not as big of a fan of Dead Like Me, but I think it's because I don't really like that actress very much.

As for the actresses in Wonderfalls, I especially liked Caroline Dhavernas. I think she is great - REALLY great. I wish Fuller would cast her again in something quirky - she was very good at quirky. In fact, I can't help wondering if I'd have liked Dead Like Me more if she has been the star of that one.

Katie Finneran was good too, but for my money it's Caroline all the way. Katie can get a bit screechy at times for my taste. Still love her...but Caroline is better, IMO.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote