View Single Post
Old July 16 2008, 06:23 AM   #65
mr.peany
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mr.peany
Re: The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The movie should be opening in Australia around now.
^It has. I just came back from it.

With all the hype and considering how great Batman Begins was, my expectations were extremely high, so did the Dark Knight meet them? Well, it certainly took those expectations, whacked them with a shovel, left them for dead and soared straight by them. The film was utterly amazing. One might dare call it brilliant, superb, downright stunning. For a 2 hours + movie it certainly did not feel like it with the plot moving at breakneck speed. So much happened that it will undoubtably require repeat viewings to let the awesomness be completely absorbed.That being said I had two minor gripes, that whilst did not detract from the awesomeness of the movie, they were noticeable: The absence of Wayne Manor/Batcave and the unusual absence of Alfred in the last 40 minutes of the film. They were jarring, but I didn't even notice them until I had left the cinema and a friend pointed them out. However, brilliant performances from the entire cast, some stunning action sequences, a score that made this movie uncomfortably tense and some inspired plot writing earns this movie a solid A+.

I can write more, but need time to analyse it in further detail. As aforementioned a lot occurred and it does require more than one viewing to fully appreciate it.
http://unoland.myminicity.com/
mr.peany is offline   Reply With Quote