View Single Post
Old July 16 2008, 04:34 AM   #1
Mike Winters
Lieutenant Commander

Greater Than The Sum Review *** POTENTIAL SPOILERS ***

SPOILER SPACE

Ok, I was lucky and my wife let me go to Shore Leave this year (usually falls during our anniversary) and get my copies of the early release books. I devoured this book and was done by Sunday. All I can say is W O W !!!! Christopher Bennett comes through again. He did a wonderful job building on the fallout of Before Dishonor and provided believeable (for the most part) explanations for everyone's atypical behaviour in the last novel. I love how he did not sweep it all under the rug which was what I feared was going to happen.

While the novel was more Borg heavy than I thought it would be, I was impressed at how it was done so that it wasn't overwhelming, and was used to further the story, but was not the focus of the story.

As to the final sequence and the lead in to Destiny... All I can say is
HOLY ****!!!! Now I know what Margaret meant when she said the proofreader of this novel told her she would be very angry if she didn't get to do the next novel.

Christopher, thank you for a wonderful novel, each book I read (just finished Buried Age) of yours keeps getting better and better.

Mike Winters
Mike Winters is offline   Reply With Quote