View Single Post
Old July 15 2008, 07:22 PM   #7
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.
Re: Lack Of 'Star Trek XI' At Comic-Con Disappoints Abrams

Broccoli wrote: View Post
MattJC wrote: View Post
Since when was Star Trek a parody?
And what as it a parody of?
You are mis-reading him. He didn't say that Star Trek was a parody. He's saying that the movie he is making (ie. "our Star Trek") is not going to be a parody and that it is meant to be serious when dealing with the characters and relationships.
That's what I got out of that article. Matt's living in his own private Idaho. Nothing is going to change his POV. I've given up.
Pioneer wrote: View Post
Abrams plays his cards close to the vest and now he complains when his movies aren't being properly promoted. Nothing's stopping him from releasing the same material out on the Internet. So he's "very disappointed", is he? Well, his fans are very disappointed that he chose to keep ST-XI details a big fuck*ng secret. So, how's it feel, J.J.?
See, there is a difference from just going "Here, Internet...have fun" and having a venue for it. Judging from his comments, I would almost gather that he was banking on Comic Con to be the first major release of information (hence why the secrecy around the movie). But that is just a guess.

Personally, I'm surprised that there, seemingly, isn't anything going on at the Vegas Trek convention (besides an appearance by Quinto).
I was hoping for a big splash of previews for Comic Con. That wouldbe the perfect place for some kind of announcement or some hints of info. I would also hope to see something at the Vegas con, because that is the Mack Daddy Long Legs of Trek conventions. So far, other than the roster of guests, there doesn't seem to be much info about what will be going on there...unless you want to talk about the Klingon Blood Brunch.